Sunday, July 10, 2016

Mini Hike #1 7-9-2016

I took a 6.1 mini hike to my friend's house in another city. I made it to my destination in the estimated time google maps indicated it would take, 2 hours. I left at 5:48. To be terribly honest, my right side of my body took a slight beating! Why only one side of my body? I have no idea. This is what I learned from this mini hike:


  1. Do thorough stretching before and after, not half-ass stretching.
  2. Remember that I'm not 21 anymore.
  3. Don't overdue it to make the time expected. Take a 5 minute break a few times along the way if needed.
  4. Bring bug spray.
I think that's about it! It wasn't bad at all. I left when the sun was setting. It was still a little muggy but there was a nice breeze in the air. I did get a small blister between two of my toes. Nothing a band aid or moleskin cannot aid in. I do think I over did as I may have pulled or at least irriated a butt muscle. I'm feeling better today. Best to settle for a few days and then plan my next mini hike....

Me all geared up hiking our country roads as ears of corn wave at me.


No comments:

Post a Comment